Boards of RWI
The institute has the legal status of a registered association. Firms, as well as public bodies can be members of the association; the same applies for social and economic organisations that are interested in the institute's objectives. Members pay an annual subscription fee, the amount of which is self-determined, however the minimum amount is agreed on by the general meeting every year and currently lies at 1300 Euros. Membership subscriptions are the grants for non-profit-making objectives in order to promote research.
The statutory organs of the associations are:
- General Meeting
- Supervisory Board
- Board of Directors.
The Scientific Advisory Board serves as advisor.
The General Meeting has the following tasks:
- Acceptance of the annual report of the Executive Board
- Resolution on the annual budget, exoneration of the Supervisory Board and the Executive Board
- Voting in members of the Supervisory Board and the Scientific Advisory Committee, as well as the auditor
- Acceptance of any amendments to the articles of association, as well as to dissolution of the association.
The Supervisory Board should consist of a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 15, who are preferably to be voted from within the circle of members and who are able to perceive the institute's interests and to promote it.
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Reinhard F. Hüttl, Potsdam (Chair)
- Manfred Breuer, Essen (Deputy Chair)
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Buch, Frankfurt (Deputy Chair)
- Reinhold Schulte, Dortmund (Deputy Chair)
- Volker Behr, Essen
- Dr. Stefan Dietzfelbinger, Duisburg
- Ronald Janßen-Timmen, Essen
- Hans Jürgen Kerkhoff, Düsseldorf
- Dr. Thomas A. Lange, Essen
- Dr.-Ing. Herbert Lütkestratkötter, Essen
- Andreas Meyer-Lauber, Düsseldorf
- Dr. Stefan Profit, Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Axel Schölmerich, Bochum
- Dr. Michael H. Wappelhorst, Düsseldorf
- Josef Zipfel, Düsseldorf
Scientific Advisory Board
In order to provide the institute with scientific advice a Scientific Advisory Board was formed. It consists of a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 internationally respected external scientists or experts in the institute's fields of research. Members may also be based abroad. The committee has the following tasks:
- Scientific accompaniment, consultation and evaluation of the institute's work
- Evaluation of the institute's research programme
- Report on the evaluation in view of the Executive Board
- Promote the work of the institute.
- Prof. Regina T. Riphahn, Ph.D., Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (Chair)
- Prof. Dr. Monika Bütler, Universität St. Gallen
- Prof. Dr. Lars P. Feld, Universität Freiburg
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Felder, Universität Basel (Vice Chairman)
- Prof. Dr. Alexia Fürnkranz-Prskawetz, Technische Universität Wien
- Prof. Timo Goeschl, Ph.D., Universität Heidelberg
- Prof. Timothy W. Guinnane, Ph.D., Universität Yale
- Prof. Dr. Kai Konrad, Max-Planck-Institut für Steuerrecht und Öffentliche Finanzen, München
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Leininger, Technische Universität Dortmund
- Prof. Dr. Nadine Riedel, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Prof. Dr. Kerstin Schneider, Bergische Universität Wuppertal
- Prof. Dr. Conny Wunsch, Universität Basel
» Detailed information on the respective members can be found here.
For further information please contact Sabine Reinhard
Tel.: +49 (201) 8149-239